Introducing Joanne



Hi everyone! My name is Joanne Qi and I am one of the vice chairs for the NGO Forum. I'm so excited to meet everyone in committee this March, and I hope you are all ready for an exciting and enlightening debate.

I am a sophomore electrical engineering and computer science major, with a minor in art history. I am from Redondo Beach, California, but was originally born in Singapore. I have been debating since freshman year of high school. In fact, coming to BMUN in sophomore year of high school was a big influential factor in me coming to Cal. Model UN has absolutely changed my life, and I love that I can continue being a part of the community in college. Outside of MUN, I like to draw, read comics, watch movies, and visit national parks.

NGO Forum is going to be a very unique debate experience. Since the time is split between visiting different committees and substantive debate, I promise there will never be a dull moment! I hope that what you learn from the first half of debate about the challenges that NGOs face will help you contribute to the conversation in other committees.

If you have any questions about debate (or engineering, or computer science, or life) feel free to contact me at jqi@bmun.org.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Russia's NGO Suppression

Example of a Letter to the UN

Clarifications and more!